Thursday, July 7, 2011

Reconstruction


Hello internets!

Today was another typical drawing day, get in at 9 get out at 9. But today we started off by going to the Uffizi gallery and that big square area outside (I dunno what it is called, but it has the copy of David by it). We were then shown the fountain where Neptune was chilling and told to draw some of the creatures on the sides. I am not so good at figures, though I have gotten a lot better, so I decide to play it safe and just do contour outlines of them. I spend two hours on the piece, even though it remains unfinished, and it turned out decently. I really tried to focus on the composition and see if I could at least do something right there.

Then we broke for lunch and then came back to the gallery where we drew from models for another agonizing three hours. After that we did a critique on some stuff we had done, including the fountain drawings. Even though mine were descent they still needed some improvement. My teacher was keen on making that point well known. I forgot how cut throat art can be sometimes, but in a way I prefer it. I just have to get use to that style of teaching again and get me some thicker shin. After that we then went outside and drew from perspective for another two hours. Even though it is really tiring I really do enjoy the process of drawing and have been getting a lot better in just these short couple of days. I can't wait to see how my art will continue to improve and I hope I can really do something exciting with it by the end of this trip.

On a more adventurous note, I just booked my day trip to Venice! I am so excited. Then next week I will be spending the weekend in ROME! Gah! I am so excited. I also need to go get my HARRY POTTER tickets which will be coming out wednesday here (two days earlier than America), I can't wait and am really looking forward to this weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment